13.6.04

Despite not having Potato Pancakes, it was a good day...

Well, after months of anticipation, Irene and I were finally able to stay in town long enough to join MOG Athletics' Dodgeball Team for their second tournament. The whole experience was quite funny and enjoyable. It's an organized monthly tournament filled with a few hundred 20 and 30 somethings, all of whom take this game either quite seriously or in some cases, FAR too seriously. But believe me, those who took it far too seriously were heckled by the MOGpac and their cheerleaders, consisting of some of the ladies from Internationalpoontang.com. Most of the other teams were cool, but some were massive douches, but I guess in retrospect, it made it more fun to have heels to boo at (though people like the Douches of Rock, as I called them, reminded me way too much of why I never embraced the world of organized athletics or High School for that matter).

We had a solid (much better than I thought) and ethusiastic team, led by Matt, who is a focused and determined Captain and the man who scored our most dramatic victory. It was exciting to cheer him on as he claimed a huge victory when we he was outnumbered. It was easily the highlight of a very enjoyable day. Everyone played their hearts out and you can't ask for more than that. There were several times I was worried about Irene and Robin getting smacked around a bit (especially after hearing how robin was smashed in "the womb" last time), but everyone ended the day in good shape (and with free passes to the see movie DODGEBALL this week).

This was followed by a fun afternoon of beer and food at some German place uptown and a nice long walk back home to Gramercy. Of course the evening was spent dead on the couch watching my newly purchased FREAKS AND GEEKS DVD. I remain in extreme pain as I type.

Meanwhile, in the musical world, a remix the aggression did for the band DUBOK, has surfaced on their website www.Dubok.net. There's a pro and con this. The pro is that something I have worked hard on is now available and is receiving some nice comments, and the con is that this EP (which features lots of remixes by a lot of great artists that you can also download) was supposed to be released by Tinman last year, with the aggression's remix EP for THESE MILLION NIGHTS to follow it on the schedule.

In my heart of hearts, I kept hoping I would hear from Tinman asking them for the EP so we could get the last of the aggression's FLOOD-era material out. It might in fact be the last ever aggression release. There are some amazing remixes that have yet to be heard from artists all over the world who busted their asses at my request. It makes me look like an idiot to them and makes us look flakey to the few fans who have seen the EP teased on theaggression.com and Tinman's site (which hasnt been updated since last October) and want to buy it. I have tried repeatedly to contact Tinman to resolve this as well as to get copies of my records, in particular the first HF CD, of which we have no copies of. I know we're not a band thats sells many records, but the last thing I want to do is not be able to release something thats been advertised. More if and when I know.

I'm hearing good things about the Skinny Puppy tour, which member of the MOGpac will be attending here down the block from me one week from today. Some of us (like me) are going to both nights. I have a good feeling about this show.

And I'm wondering, does Brandt wear his dodgeball kneepads when he mixes?

F

No comments: