19.4.04

SAVED

The weather suddenly gets good and things get going here! First off, my laptop is back and to make a long story short, when upgrading to OSX, something went wrong and I wiped out EVERYTHING I have ever done in this laptop. Let's not use words like "backed up" or "saved", ok? Needless to say, thanks to the geniuses at DRIVESAVERS, I have all my erased files and I am significantlly lighter in the wallet. However, now my computer is running super amazing out of control awesome. Though I have no music software at the moment.

However, we have some amazing stuff brewing for this new album. Ash's bass playing is incredible on MORNING AFTER and the bridge we wrote for CREATION PHASE was looped over and over again when I spent my Saturday at the studio.

Before all this, Mr. G, Brandt, and I checked out the face in Brooklyn, just a block away from where my mom grew up. This venue, Southpaw, is the bestfor Saintface.They thrive there. Memo to the guitar player: Dont punch your guitar after the first song unless you have a backup guitar, pally. Just sayin.

Morrissey has often failed me in his solo life. I have yet to enjoy myself at any of his solo gigs that I have been to. His last album was utter shit. Saintface, who I have described as "what Morrissey wishes his solo career was" has my heart in recent years when it comes to music. However, he is always forgiven. I will buy his new album and already spent way too much money on tickets for his gig next month. I have to admit, I'm enjoying the Morrissey comeback. We live in an age where we DO need someone like Morrissey to be, ahem, our frank role model. Reading his intelligent and witty criticisms of our world in the NME this weekend made me smile. However, the SPIN article was terrible. Not because of him, but because SPIN is the worst music magazine pretending to be cool I have ever read. Put Peter Saintface on the cover and maybe I'll by it again.

I think the first photo session for HF2 is this week. Maybe Thursday. I'll keep you posted.

F

No comments: