7.4.04

KEYYYYY-TAR

It's been an incredibly stressful week thanks to my totally screwing up my laptop while trying to upgrade my powerbook to OSx. I've been through too much with this, so I dare not explain. However, massively public kudos to my significant other for handling my "suicide watch" with a nice dinner at Wonton Garden. If my computer is salvaged, I will post in depth as to what happened and why and how. As for now, fuck it.

Brandt has gone on in depth in my recent absence regarding certain events and for once he is mostly accurate. The session with Ash was fun and to hear the edited drums for the first time really got the adrenaline pumping. It made me want to get this record out next week, but sadly there is still work to be done.

As for The Twilight Singers gig, my memories, based on copious amounts of Sake, Beer, Gin and Tonic and the DREADED Jagermeister are as such: the gig was too short (in my drunken mind it was a half hour), they played no Whigs songs (they played several), and Dull is, well, a fat fuck. I supposedly screamed this loudly. This is my attempt at being more "British." Also, I recall me and my friends huddled and hopping up and down singing along, which also means we have seen too many British people at gigs.

Last night we checked out the always impressive Saintface. They were fun and energetic and peter's CONSTANT abuse of Matt Gentile from the stage was super fun ;-) Before I start bitching about their album not being done, they ARE doing rough mixes now before bringing a mixer in, so they are in good shape. I am also told that I will be lucky enough to hear these rough mixes. Peter if you're reading, PLEASE don't forget me, Ill even give you NO notes at all so i don't fuck anything up ;-)

Also, Peter needs to watch out for crazy Goths dancing in front of the stage. HEY, this aint Joy Machine, sister!!

Saintface opened up for a band called Blondes, Inc. who I liked in a BRMC club kinda way. I thought the rhythm section was tight, allowing the keytarist and guitarist to drive the vocal melodies. I bought the CD, so I'll decide then if I like them or not! However, they were smart enough to invite Saintface to open for them, so that's a point in their favour. However, the scary couple making out next to Irene was wayyyy too distracting. You had to see that one.

In the end, we had a good crew and the face guys are always nice. Peter and I have settled on his singing two songs for EXIT STRATEGIES, which he has yet to hear, but those songs are called CLEAN UP and EXIST. I know that these two tracks will be massive with him on vocals. Also, I breathe a sigh of relief that he is doing those two songs as we have always had these songs in mind for him. He was the last piece of the puzzle for this record and now its in!

The aggression are making their return to compact disc later this year with a rare remix making an appearance on an upcoming compilation in the US. It will be Needleye's awesome remix of MY WHITE NOVA and I'll send more details when it's all official, etc.

While Brandt is editing, I have started to slowly move the HF Live Machine forward a bit. There is no timetable to play, but there is an idea as to who should be in this band. Besides Me, Brandt, Robin and Ash, I'm happy to report that the last aggression keyboard player, The Kidd, now is the first Hypefactor keyboard player. Honestly, I think this is a more exciting gig for him than the aggression. It's more of a challenge. I'm told Robin is concerned juggling two bands is going to be tough when it comes to playing live. I disagree and plus, double bills could rock! Assfactor, anyone?

I'm back in the studio tonight for bass overdubs, then we're checking out some Death Cab on Thursday. It's a good life, kids.

F

No comments: