27.4.04

Fan Friendly

This warm and sunny morning started off with a chance run in on the corner of 17th and Park Avenue with the wonderful Robin, who as I learned in this brief time spent with her, is quite "busy and jangly". Where I'm from, these are good things, but obviously not in certain dim places. I always enjoy my time with my multi-talented bandmate and friend. If I can take one thing from this conversation, which included everything from comparing ipods to discussing school and New Jersey, it is that I wish the aggression a long eternal slumber in the annals (not anals, Dan Hamill), of history. See my previous post regarding "missing being in a band". I'd rather go back to High School, or maybe early college cause there were girls then. Anyhow, in the words of Greg Dulli, actually some French chick he recorded...goodbye motherfucker.

Onward, Ho's.

Then next time I checked email, I received this epic from a fan, who after much praise for the Chemlab album, writes:

"Alright, this was not the original intention to write this message to you, it was because of the Hype Factor EP which is just not leaving the "right-next-to-the-stereo-pile", I'm not even thinking about putting it on the "2nd-next-pile", no f'n way. I'm still caught in the beauty of it. I have told you before, it's true and by the time you might have gotten tired of people telling you such BUT, F.J, it is such a won-der-ful record, simple as that. Also, I recently discovered I never saw the beauty lying in your voice before this effort? I've tried a dozen times to write this sentence without it sounding so damn gay but I failed, can you xqs me? I maybe miss the appropriate words (no native speaker here, sorry) but damn it's such an honest effort, I can onnly presume this was the most personal piece of music / lyrical work you've ever done? By the way, "thieves" (which I'm sure isn't only my favourite on "the distracted lover") made it right into my all-time-favourite-achy-breaky-sour&sweet-luv-tunes-ever". What an amazing, amazing song. Thank you so much, F.J., I msut be getting repetitive, excuse me, but you know, I kinda had to let you know. Again."

Well, if I know the new album will sell ONE copy, here's the dude that will buy it. This letter makes everything we do worth it! And no I haven't grown tired of people telling me that they love DISTRACTED, the problem is, the only person who tells me that is Brandt! ;-)

This could be a good day.

F

No comments: