24.6.03

My former neighbor John Cale has a new EP out called "5 Tracks" which I believe is a precursor to a full length album due out early next year. This is great stuff. Anyone who is interested in something different, interesting and catchy should snag this. He's a tad grumpy in real life (he once almost kung fu kicked Chris Connelly), but he's a fantastic musician, who, like his former bandmate Lou Reed, seems to improve with age (not counting Reed's dumbass Edgar Allan Poe thing). "FRAGMENTS OF A RAINY SEASON" remains one of my all time favorite CD's. Many moons ago, Chris Link made Dr. Fury and I go see Cale at NYU while he was touring for "FRAGMENTS" and to say it was one of the best things I ever saw would be selling it way too short. I've seen the man perform dozens of times since and he never ever once failed to be incredible. To my knowledge he hasn't peformed here in NYC for quite some time, but when he comes, it's an absolute must see.

I have asked some of my other MOGpac members to post on this board about their likes/dislikes of all things music/film/books etc, cause honestly, I am bored reading myself. We all have such diverse tastes that I'm sure anyone who reads this as it progresses will wonder how we all haven't killed each other yet.

In the meantime, I have started preparations for the new aggression remix EP for THESE MILLION NIGHTS. Remix kits are finally going out. I'm hoping to get a few Russians on this one, cause the Russians, you know, GET IT.

F

No comments: