22.6.03

Acumen brought the pain to NYC and the way I am feeling this morning, the pain has been brought. First off, thanks to The Significant Other for putting up with the madness even though she had to be at work at 7am this morning. She probably doesn't read this, but she is appreciated. Having 5 guys crash in our tiny pad is not the most logical or easy.

Because of the graduation party for Ciao Baby and his sister, S.O. and I were late for the acu-gig. We missed the DJA? set, but got the full brunt of the rawk. I was quite pleased with the set list, especially since they played my old favorite, fuckface, which came out around the time the acumen/aggression (back when it was me and PH) pally-dom started. Such memories. I think. Anyway, the new songs are good and despite the lack of the ILC material, I was happy to see them for what they will never understand was a good and appreciative crowd for NYC. Also, I remain a huge fan of the Acumen rythmn section. Dan Brill blows my mind on drums and I'm not just saying that because he was sporting an aggression T-shirt onstage. He's no Robin though, but someday maybe he can try to be as good ;-)....

It was nice to see some familiar faces, like the kids from the message boards and thanks to Aaron the Pak for buying Irene and I some drinks. It took him 7 years to get around to it, but he did it, even though he is from a town made fun of on Sex In the City. the shock of the night was running into Charlie from Form, who just moved to NY from Dayton (Charlie and his bandmate Paul did a great remix for us on our newest single). And to Charlie, also, thanks for the drink.

Late night drinks were had locally, which of course led to the usual debates/discussions/rows, etc. and which of course leads to the one thing men need in the morning..Egg bitches. You can email Jason Novak about that one.

And now, a round of apologies....

First, to Matt Gentile. Acumen played "Gun Lover". I was told they weren't going to. Forgive me. it was good.

Second, to Ryan "The Sarcastic Bastard", who drank sour low fat milk in my house. I can't feel THAT sorry for Ryan as he CHOSE to be the merch guy for Acumen. That's masochism enough. No wonder why he's drinking whiskey at 11 in the morning.

Ok, gotta clean this place up now. rrrrr.

F

No comments: