20.7.09

Straight offa Wooster Street

Hello from Los Angeles, where I have been the past week and will be here for at least another, with a pit stop to come later this week when Comic Con goes down in San Diego. That will be worth following the Twitter for as there is a larger than usual MOG contingent coming this year, including me, Vik, The Kidd, Cramp and even Byalick supposedly. It's gonna be nuts. Hopefully productive as well.

How are you all doing? Is it Summer yet? Today was the first real hot day I can recall. Hard to tell you, as I have been trapped in a car all week racing from meeting to meeting. I've also eaten too goddamn much and I didn't realize how hot it is to go running. Hard to be in a proper routine or schedule when you don't actually live here. The closest thing I have to a schedule is walking this puppy, who I make run with me:



This trip has been a great way for me to deal with my pet envy. I'm getting better at handling a dog, stern when needed, understanding the personality, etc. Maybe I suck. I don't know. But I doubt Vik would let me spend all this time with her. There is an awesome Wild Rabbit on the block and the dog and I spend time staring at it. I am fascinated by Rabbits. Maybe it's because I'm part Asian. I don't know.

Honestly, I'm not very exciting. At least not blogwise. I work all day. Meetings all over town. Hustlin'. Trying to make shit happen. There is some progress. I've been fortunate enough to eat at my beloved Ca'brea twice and to eat tons of Korean food. I helped a young writer prepare for her first meeting with one of the biggest asshole agents I have ever met. I drink a lot of tea. I had in and out when I landed. I read BLACKEST NIGHT. I ate some of the best Japanese food I ever had in the US. I went to Meltodown for a Toy opening with Brad and Vik. Mark Hamill's son created the toy. I think he is Vikki's friend. I saw my mother in law, who took me for above mentioned Korean food. Today I had a meeting in Venice, then tonight I played Lazer Tag for the first time in 15 years and it was amazing. Thank you Kyle Newman for making that happen! Oh, and I convinced some people that Dan Hamill has herpes. Nice One.

Anyhow, while I am in San Diego, my sidekick himself arrives here to spend two weeks with his grandma, so hopefully I will see my small pal for a bit before I got back to NY, though honestly, right now, I don't know when I go back to NY.

But keep in touch, obviously.

F

No comments: