2.9.08

On A Holiday Weekend...

Let me tell you, this was a good surprise that I didn't see coming at all. Irene, with an assist from B organized a MOGpac birthday reunion at the place I only know as "The Beer Garden Where I Fucked With The Singer/Douche From The Bravery". Helping the surprise was the hangover I had from the night before after Irene took me to a sweet Sushi epic meal, complete with Kurosawa love, and then pints with the lads and the returning SK. See here as these long lost girlfriends reunite at my nephews fave bar:



I was close to fading, but Lurch, in what could have been the last inning, somehow pulled a coup by presenting my ass with a bag of Bacon Crisps straight from the UK. This was, as Lurch called it, The Ultimate Second Wind and led to the Avy Kruger inspired new Bacon Dance. Observe, kids:



So I thought that was fun, from what I recall and then Irene dragged my hungover ass to Brooklyn for brunch with her girls, whom she hadn't seen in awhile. I was slightly confused but not at all suspicious when we were joined by Lurch, Priya, SK and Kate. Danny was trying to no show cause he too was hungover, but Lurch got kinda unusually nasty with the gutterball, calling him a "fucking asshole" for not coming to brunch. He grabbed a train fast. Anyway, we ate outdoors, which didn't help cause I felt like shit. Here is your hero with Lynell trying to survive:



So then after this brunch, my stomach turning like an out of control tie fighter, we walked. Now I was thinking I was joining the girls on a shopping trip and but lo and behold, we walked into "The Beer Garden Where I Fucked With The Singer/Douche From The Bravery" to find members of the crew lying in wait! SURPRISE. And then the fun beings. Here are some scenes from the day:









Now, we all know Jessica is a talented young lady. An Artist. While normally known for making nachos, who fucking KNEW that she was the cupcake goddess. ALL HAIL THIS WOMAN cause she made the best cupcakes ever. No joke. I ate ONE and my stomach was healed. Wait till the Zo gets on these. EVERYONE rocked these bad boys:



Again, all hail this cupcake genius, seen here with the cute organizer:



Irene even got JIM VIDAL to show up for this:



...and he promptly started a new bromance with Matt...who is seen here with the other elder statesmen of MOG, flashing the gang signs:



So we rocked out for hours and hours with only two upper level MOGpackers missing. One was camping (read: lucid dreaming in the woods), the other was fishing, but again, surprise of surprises, look who showed up straight off the fucking plane to honour his older sibling:



This Kidd got the POP of pops. Like really. I'm talking Hogan wins the belt at MSG in 1983 kind of pop. From the entire Beer Garden. Not just us. He will never receive this much love in his life.

It was truly a surprising, enjoyable and well planned event organized by this cutie:


"YAY! SUCCESS!"

So we drank (and did Will Arnett impersonations) for a total of 9 hours straight and boy did we get tired:



Well maybe HE was tired, cause a small group of REAL mens, me, G, Brandt, Matt and Lurch TOOK IT to Don Hills to check out the debut of the Dossier, featuring my all time fave vocalist Peter Saintface (or is he now Peter Dossier?) Anyhow, any opportunity to see them onstage is one I will gladly take, even 9 hours of German beer It only made me love Peter more. I love hearing that voice and they are off to what should be the start of a fun and entertaining new band. I look forward to the album!

And then. Sleep. Lots. Woke up a wreck. Ate shit Chinese food with Irene. She went to work and I dragged my ass to the studio to record vocals for the new Peka record. Hopefully Damien will like them. You might too. It's all quite French and I love it for that reason. Realizing I was useless beyond a certain point, I dragged my ass BACK home to watch sport and then pass the fuck out. We're off to SF this week...

Thank you Irene, love of my life,for booking this eventful weekend. And to the MOGpac and crew who showed up, you flatter me and I appreciate you all making the effort.

Just look at the happiness on the faces of your birthday mens:



In a bit.

F

1 comment:

mjg. said...

i'd appreciate it if you used my real name. i'll have to call the lawyers otherwise.
thank you in advance.
- mgcslotfip(tm).