29.5.08

Sorry...

Don't even start...

When Fury himself is complaining about the lack of updates, despite his kids being featured on this blog, you know it's been too long. Hello, motherfuckers, sorry for the delay. If you want the real time shit, check my facebook status updates.

First off let's start with this awesomeness from Fernwood Gold III, the single best wrestling writer on the planet Earth. Here is his latest column, which is pure genius: http://tvblog.ugo.com/index.php/tvblog/more/who_booked_this_crap_with_fernwood_gold_the_iii_sting_is_stung/ I encourage you to follow his shit every Wed.

I am just back from three days on the road in Montreal. My unforseen mini vacation is close to an end, probably to Irene's delight. if you thought I was off the grid lately, just wait. Fuck you. I am happy to report only good things from Montreal. Family are fine and happy most of the time and nephew is, as always, the best. His love of the comic book has taken a great leap forward. Little does he know that he will soon be immortalized in the world of manga. More on that this fall. Anyway, he and I had a blast. Ate some sugar pie and played some xbox and took the dog out. I also took him to see Indiana Jones, more on that in a minute. The trips back and forth were without incident or delay. Also, it was good to get a break from the vacation, which is taking it's toll. Anyway, nephew looks awesome and here he is for you:



There has been a lot of familial of late, giving Irene and I very little free time. Birthdays, communions, christenings, and soon we have weddings (not ours), baby showers, and all that shit. And have I mentioned I don't have a working mobile? I won't even tell you who I have to thank for that, but I'm sure they are quite comfortable wherever they are right now. I'll be in touch with you on that shit.

The positive about the mini vacation has been the ability to play the music. B and I are in a good routine and have been very productive. It's all about guitars and vocals now, kids. We're in there, we're plugging away and yes I did more for album on Saturday then you did for your whole musical career, so fuck you. I burned a disc of the current version of the album and man, do I love it and it sounds amazing loud as fuck driving up north. Up next is mixing the SVI remix and getting to work on the Peka remix during the rare free moments. You'll see.

Onto Indy, which I have seen twice now. Here's what I wrote Fury after the initial viewing: "There were bits and pieces I liked, but on a whole its not a great movie by any means. I liked the first half, but thought the ending was really poor and unnecessary. I enjoyed seeing the character, but to me it just felt like a patchwork of scenes that felt like an attempt to appease the star, the director and the producer. You can tell who wanted what. Steven got the motorcycle chase (which was great), Ford got the character stuff, which I liked, and Lucas got anything that pretty much sucked (the ending). I felt like it was a rough cut that needed 15 minutes trimmed. I feel like Steven was doing this as a favor to the other two." The second viewing was in Montreal and I was able to enjoy it more thanks to the 9 year old perspective "It was creepy but I like the fights". me too.

How are you?

F

No comments: