25.4.08

YOU ONLY HEAR BASS, BOB

Been a struggle to get back here and tell you what's up and obviously there are good reasons for that, some of which you need not know. Lotta big professional changes lying ahead as I enter what is referred to as the "Nightwing" stage of my career. Not the easiest, occasionally frustrating, but probably all good by the time it's said and done. The weather helps. Put on some Peka and enjoy the day. Also, a lot of sleeping in.

Last weekend was NY Comic Con, which precluded me from working on music, much to my annoyance. However, I can't complain. The movie got the proper blockbuster treatment. Tons of press, free food and drinks, and the proper reaction to the trailer. Had some funny Frank moments too, which always makes me feel good. I was pretty swamped with all of the movie related stuff (most of which I was a tagalong for, but this is all new to me, so it's fun and sometimes boring to watch) I got a little time on the floor, the Kidd's people treated me like a rockstar, and I got to meet Luis, my editor for the Trek manga. Evan really kept me company during the dull moments, and had camera ready when we met Sandsweet (see previous entry). Anyhow, the Con was a success and fun and while they were silly to book it during Passover, they are even sillier to move it back to Feb next year. It's flipping COLD on the West Side! OH. And you are going to SHIT your pants silly when you see this new Dark Knight Trailer. Jesus Christ.

I had been getting some really bad headaches lately, it's been building all year. I assumed it was stress related, but stupid me, I should have realized it was the same problem I have had since I was a small boy, my ears. I got some wax issues. Gross, I know. So after a lovely noodle lunch with the KIDD, I saw the ear Dr who treated me for the Bells and he cleaned my shit out. It was not easy. I had a 30% loss of hearing my left ear. The ear drum was buried. And the shit that came out was the grossest fucking shit you ever saw. I felt bad for the Dr, but man I feel fucking great. Then I strolled the old hood and thought half warmly of THE GOLD STREET YEARS. They are finally giving that hood the makeover they were determined to do 8 years ago. I think back to 96 or so, whenever G and I first went down there, and there was jack shit Blade Runner Country (tm VK) and now it has gyms and condos, etc. It WAS cool though to see Spirit posters, but NYC, where have you gone and where are you going?

I forget why we didn't watch the Sport on Monday, but I had a good reason for it. Now I remember, it was dinner with the awesome lady who produced the movie and her husband. She is very inspiring.

I finally made it back to the studio on Wed night. FINALLY. I had been working a bit here and there at home, but sometimes you just gotta grab the Thunderbird, plug in the Clone Theory, and get to fucking work. We have been working on a remix for Screen Vinyl Image, which I spent a lot of time arranging and fucking with. Then I sent it off to B, who did his thing, and then he sent it to Bob, who provided a whole new remix changing bassline, which then comes back to the HF offices where B and I started to re-arrange based on Bob's goodness. It sounds cool, its getting there. I did some F-bass over it, which we were into. Then I made some edits, trimmed some fat. Now B will lay down some new beats before it comes back to me for me to dive into and make get into the tiny nuances, etc. It'll be fun. It will take a bit though.

Last night, Irene and I saw FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, aka The KIDD SHOULD HAVE GONE TO HAWAII AND NOT FRANCE. G had seen it the other day and his biggest comment was Mila Kunis' tan. He's a picky fucker. I thought this was a good, fun, funny movie. I am a big Jason Segal fan since FREAKS, so it's great to see him headlining and writing his own stuff. In fact, everyone in it is good, especially Russell Brand, who balances being a douche with being a good guy really well (and gets an Oasis comment in the movie as well) and overall I thought it was a worthy addition to the Apatow world.

And now, gigs are coming...More soon.

F

No comments: