11.4.08

NY to SF to LA to SF....

I have reached the stage where I am lying to you about posting regularly. I'm not. Screw you. This is just how it is. Ok, let's continue. I am literally typing you while two small children sit watching Noggin.

Hello from San Francisco, where IB and I have been since last Sunday. We're here helping original MOG member Fury's wife and children with their new addition, who you have seen elsewhere on this blog and will see a lot more of in the future. It's been a trip of great weather, fine eating and small awesome children.

We got here and it's been nonstop. I wasn't an expecting a vacation, but it has been nice to relax a bit. I love it here. Had my line of work taken place here and not in LA, I probably would have moved here 15 years ago. I think my friend Stu said it best when we were having lunch and drinking Chimay at the Presidio the other day, NY and SF are cousins of a sort, and I agree.

Small children keep and intense and early schedule. Mrs. Fury has her hands full. Irene is a fucking CHAMP with these kids. She is balancing all of this and making life easier for Mrs Fury. Your hero gets to be the occasional punching bag and gofer, which is fine by me. The new baby has taken a liking to your hero so we have spent a lot of time together, mostly involving food. Also, there's a cafe down the block with super fresh brewed action, so I am starting the days off right.

While the girls do their thing, I have been running around SF for work related stuff. Had some meetings, saw some cool stuff from the movie, including the trailer, which you will see in about a week's time. But seeing the team at work on the VFX is amazing. Thank you Stu, Nancy and Aaron for letting me sneak into the bunker to check things out. On Tuesday night, Irene and I had dinner with her 5 month preggers cousin who she hadn't seen in 15 (!) years (the wonders of Facebook bringing people together) and her husband, who is an awesome dude with a love of the footie that I have to respect beyond belief. We ate at a great place called the Blue Point, which Irene's cousin used to work at and it was great. I hope we can see these two soon, especially after their lil ones arrives.

On Wed, I popped down to LA to say some quick hellos and to see the rough version of the movie. I had high expectations to begin with, but I have to say my expectations were exceeded. I fucking loved what I saw. You should too unless you're a fucking idiot. And you are, sometimes, guy. The cool thing was after landing, I saw some billboards for the movie, which I was dead excited about. All over LA and NY. Check that shit out.

That night, I dogsat Business Affair's new puppy and brought her to see my now future mother in law, who cooked, as always, flipping feast for a king. So I brought Fury and Business Affairs over to chow down as well. The puppy is hilarious and adorable and Irene's mom took loads of pix of her. She is a cutie though I destroyed her leash with the car (she was not attached), but mom in law stepped up and created a homemade leash for Business Affairs to use until she could get a new one. It was one of those crazy days in LA, but I have to admit I do like the hour flight there as opposed to the 4 hour flight. I was so fucking manic, I went to bed at 2am that night and realized, despite numerous texts from Geoff, that I had missed comic day (thanks Evan!)

After a quick trip to Bob's Donuts yesterday morning, I flew back to SF. After landing, I used public transportation (thanks Jenn) and made it back safe and sound. The girls had their hands full here, so I did my part right away (meaning, play with new baby and feed her) and then Irene and I went out to dinner with my dear friend Jenni, who I haven't seen since she moved up here from LA, and her boyfriend, Skott. We had a fucking great time with them and after chilling in the IRA bar, they took us to Skott's fave place, Burma Superstar, which obviously has cooks that live up to that name cause this place ranks among "Best Shit Ever" category. Fucking A. This place was so good, Irene stole a goddamn menu! We had a laugh riot with these guys and then they took us around the hood (not that I remember what it's called cause I am a tard) but it kicked ass and Skott lives near a sweet fucking Asian DVD store and he has a bad ass dog named Scout, who rocked and Irene would have tried to sneak into her bag if she didn't have the stolen menu in it already. Irene totally needed a good night out after watching the kids all week and props to these guys for providing it.

We just gotta get some fucking In and out Burger before we go. Seriously.

And here I am, sipping tea, sitting in the sun watching a 2 year old down a drink like its his last drink on Earth. He also has no pants on. It's like hanging out with Brandt except cute.

F

No comments: