29.10.07

Recall

Where to start, where to start. I've been back in NY, and longer than expected. Which is not neccessarily a bad thing. While no less busy than usual, it's nice to not be on a plane for a change and in one place longer than 5 days. So lets try and catch up.

Before I last left for New Mexico, Peter Saintface came in and was the first to use the new vocal both, which is the upstairs bathroom in an empty apartment B's building. And it's awesome. And Peter came in and tackled the first of his two songs for the album, CLEAN UP. It's the third track on the album and contains what B calls my "best bassline ever". To me, this is a massive single. I could listen to this fucking guy sing all day. Literally. He never delivers a bad take and gives you tons of good material to work with. If you see him, tell him I said that. Anyhow, it was fun to catch up as well. I've been enjoying the fruits of Peter's musical labour ever since as he left me with some music, finally, at last. We still have more work to do with Peter, sooner than later, I hope. I could write songs for him for the rest of my life.

Anyhow, my chronology is way the fuck off, but I am certain I have been to Brandt's house quite a bit as of late, I think I was there Friday working on the album in question. We rocked out the instrumental SHIODOME (named after a section in Tokyo I stayed in, and formerly known as THEY'VE JUST). I played a lot of bass (over and over and over again till I got it right), and expanded the arrangement to accomodate some sweet new guitars B had done. Oh, B, by the way, song is DONE. Awesome.

I saw some movies, the first was the prequel to Donnie Yen's amazing SPL, which is called FLASH POINT. On paper, this movie should be fucking awesome, same star and director as SPL, and co-starrting Louis Koo no less. Sadly, story wise and character wise, it's nowhere near as good as SPL, but goddamn it's got some sick action. It was worth it just for that. They need to go back and watch SPL to see why it worked so well. But it did remind me of the old days of Jackie when stuntguys took sick bumps and we were like what the fuck how is this guy alive? Anyway, Donnie Yen should be named Donnie Ham, cause man he loves the camera. This movie made me eat Ramen.

OK, so then we saw The Darjeeling Limited. As some of you may know, I am a big Wes Anderson fan, but I was very let down by LIFE AQUATIC, which I felt was simply TENNENBAUMS AT SEA. Anyway, the new movie just didn't do it for me. I was very upset about it. Unlike the last movie, I was incredibly intruiged by the characters, the set up and Adrian Brody is a great addition the Andersonverse, but the movie hurt me. There was a lot I did like, but overall I felt it went nowhere and in the end, it failed. Irene disagrees, but shes not the Anderson fan I am. Anyhow, I liked the short movie with our Nat better and thought that was a more interesting story that needed be told. Oh well...

I did a lot of hanging around the house. Grabbed some sizzling rice, talked to the nephew, read some comics, bought some toys (including a Nightwing figure that looks like Xander Crews) and got drunk. Not all in that order, but it at least gets you up to speed.

Yesterday was the best day I had in awhile. Grabbed the Dim Sum with Irene and the lads and then just walked around the city, shopping. Bought some new addidas and then we all came back here, watch SOUTH PARK, ate some homemade Quesadillas and then Irene went house and made the first monkey bread of the season. Thats big success. Then straight from there, we met up with B and Al and Liz and we checked out the last of the 5 Morrissey shows at Hammerstien. Ok, no joke, this was the best gig I've ever seen Moz do. He was in a good mood the band was fierce and the setlist was top fucking notch. I had a blast. Then we went home and I watched the PPV. Yes, yesterday was awesome. Saw friends, ate well, watched wrestling and the music was good. Ace.

I'll try to update regularly so you all stop bitching. Adios. Amigos.

F

No comments: