31.7.07

Here Come The (Crazy) Old Men.

(no I did not DJ in San Diego)

I love this man, I'm going to buy his bass and all, but man Rob Gretton never would have allowed the public mudslinging going on between New Order. Remember when New Order were mysterious and never did press? Hooky, at least be clever and subtle like I am when I make fun of everyone who was ever in the aggression. Things like "see you in court" mean a lot less than saying things like "unmotivated talented ex-guitarist" that prompt Mark Mohtashemi to write me emails thiking I am talking about him and not his brother in law or the engineer from Tiki. Wait, what? Chris St. George?

Anyhow, I do give props to Hooky for being sober and not taking shit and trying at least to be honest (from his perspective). As always though, there are three sides to every story. Ok New Order is done. Put out the Control soundtrack, put out Freebass and put out whatever Sumner and/or Morris do next. Don't call it New Order though, cause thats like calling the aggression the aggression without Mark. Wait, what? Kieran?

More soon.

F

No comments: