28.8.06

Return Of The King

So my birthday began in tears as my beloved nephew was returned to the hands of his mother, who came down from Montreal this time to pick him up, thus giving Irene and I a travel free weekend to celebrate my 34th. I get so used to the little man being around, and we always have such tremendous plans for him, but sadly, time catches up. Last year, it felt like he was here much longer and I was working less, but nevertheless, hopefully the lad leaves his summer home here in NYC a happy boy and with fond memories of his uncle listening to the new Kasabian album nonstop which, by the time he was leaving, was singing along to (more on that this week). So we learned that the nephew still hates NIN, but loves the Kasabians. My other big accomplishment was Cameron's education in pro wrestling history, which impressed Dan Hamill and my father tremendously. Amazing.

Anyhow, the not travelling thing allowed some necessary R&R. Remember last year when I went to Japan and I told you about that super awesome tea maker in the hotel room? I guess I talked about that quite a bit as Irene and her mom tracked down one for my birthday! I think it might go into Brandt's house for now and then possibly into my office. We shall see, but it needs to be near me at all times. I also have been spending the downtime reading a book Irene gave me which is the first real biography (believe it or not) on Duran Duran. Because it's not official, it's mostly based on articles and third parties, but its still a sweet read. I'm at the point where Arcadia puts out their album, which you know was a favourite of mine. My nepehew came through like a champ and got his uncle (me) the rare mail away George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise action figure!! WIN.

Devesatated that our little man (and his awesome dog) had to leave at 7:30am yesterday, Irene and I drowned our sorrows in caffiene and caught up on the last 4 weeks of ENTOURAGE, which rocked us with laughter and made the day seem so much easier. Then I started putting together my space battleship Yamato model ship while Irene served me tea. It's a good life. Suddenly, we had a lot of room in the apt and it was very quiet, but for a tired aunt and uncle, the ability to watch Ari Gold without worrying about an 8 year old hearing the F word a million times was refreshing.

Then we kept it silly ass classy at Delposto, which is the fancy ass Eye_Talian place on the west side that is all the buzz. Dan Hamill, man with connections, has a sister who is a pastry chef there, got us a res and we ate, drank and laughed like champs. I could live on Agnolotti forever. Plus, the Kidd in a sportsjacket? Really. Good times. I appreciate those who remembered with calls, texts, IM's, E-mails, posts, etc. Some of you even used several different methods to wish me a happy one. You are all nice people. Much nicer than I am, indeed.

Dan Hamill is 34 today. Praise him. He looks so fucking good its retarded. And his hair. Bless him. I got him a sweet present that I hope arrives in time.

We now resume regular programming.

F

No comments: