18.7.06

Transported

Greetings from Westwood, where I am staying with my friend Robert, who is housesitting here. It's nice to have a bedroom, bathroom, etc all to myself. My schedule here is lighter than usual, mostly because everything is going on in San Diego this week, and I will be travelling down there on Thursday for the big Comic Con. However, in the meantime, I give you this hint, sometime tomorrow search the net for yours truly, something might pop up.

Los Angeles is hot as fuck. It's been a fun trip so far because of the lighter schedule. No rushing, nice wheels, and the silly fucking satellite radio that I find impossible to change from the '70's station. I usually report my celeb sightings, but yesterday I had two celeb encounters which I must report. First was the motherfucking transporter himself, JASON STATHAM, who I saw sitting on a couch at an agency. Almost without thinking, I introduced myself and I am happy to report that this tough guy is really nice in person. It was brief but I was the envy of many. Literally within the next hour, I was introduced to comic superstar GRANT MORRISON, who is about to do what should be a great stint on BATMAN. He too was nice, as was his wife, and hopefully I can meet them again in San Diego.

A dinner with Irene's mom (soon to visiting NYC) on Sunday and dinner last night with Business Affairs (who has a sweer corner office now), have kept me well fed. I am happy to be recognized at Cabrea as a regular again, and I have found new pasta dish that features the sauce used for my long departed agnolotti, so happiness all around.

Before leaving, I had the privledge of meeting my new niece. Her name is Stella and we spent the day together on Saturday:



She is a big hit with the family, all of whom seem to be angling to kidnap her in some way. I would too. What a good puppy. And how can one discuss the new baby without discussing the king of all nephews, seen here surfing in the Pacific Ocean two weeks ago:





HIs return to NYC is now set for July 31 and he will be appearing all month, so book it now.

IN other news, the departure of Karloff from Kasabain is a huge blow for my favourite band, the effects of which probably will immediately be felt in their live show (depending if this guy from Mad Action can handle the gig) but have longer ranging effects. It now becomes about the third album. I know the second album isnt even out yet, but the first full non-karloff album will be the true test. I was just joking with someone how none of these new bands can seem to survive with the original members intact. A shame.

F

No comments: