25.7.06

The Big Con

LA and San Diego is now a blur. LA was, for a change, the easy part of the trip as I got to catch up with many wonderful friends, starting with my usual Crepes with Cramps:



Though I don't have many photos of my LA adventures, a lot of time was spent with my host, the handsome Roberto, and many meals were had with Business Affairs, who happens to have a sweet new corner office (I may have mentioned that already, I'm just that impressed by it. I even got some Leo time in, which was a welcome morning at Bobs, where we caught up for the first time in ages.

San Diego was fucking mental. That's all I can say. There was more Statham as well as interaction with many names that many of you comics and film geeks (like myself) would mark out for like nobody's business. I wised up this year and did all my shopping on the first day (the usual DVD purchases from Drunken Master as well as the Star Wars Con exclusives) because wouldn't you know it, and this is no shock to anyone, I never got more than 45 minutes on the convention floor per day. I particularly enjoyed the parties this year, especially DC's as well as the new company I have the pleasure of being employed by. Also, many of my friends from Japan visited, which was a special treat as I have never seen them in the States (or in casual clothing). The W hotel cracks me up. They're fun, but noisy. Enjoyable when it's not your money I guess and man did I enjoy it.

While in San Diego, I ran into some old friends, some of which I was excited to see:



Others, no so excited to see:



Besides the Hamill babies, nothing was better than announcing our newest project and having a few drinks with one of my heroes:



Someday, a lot of what went on will make it in either my autobiography (ghost written by Lurch should I live long enough) or my biography (Written by Kruger should I not live long enough), but either way, I promise many tales to tell when someday those stories can harm no one. Until then....

My time is short. I beg forgiveness. The annual August Uncle duty begins this weekend, when Irene and I travel down to VA Beach to get the ever awesome nephew to bring him back to his beloved NYC for the month. His birthday will be celebrated, as will mine. Knowing that, don't give me any shit about the lack of updates here (some of you do that you know!). I just want to focus on being an uncle and a musician in the month of August. I know I have a lot of music reviews to update here, but it requires the attention I don't have at the moment.

As always, I must end with more Kruger baby awesomeness, who sadly we will probably not be able to see this summer at their beach house. However, here's some cuteness:



No comments: