12.4.05

In The Mix

The usual insanity has kept me from sitting in front of this laptop and writing to you. We've been kicking into overdrive here at MOGworld on many different fronts. This past weekend saw me spending a lot of time in the Birdcage with Brandt. the mix files are coming together and the first few tracks have been sent to the mixers. Hopefully, the results will be nothing short of astronomical. Some of the mixing will be happening in Los Angeles, where I just happen to be travelling to on Thursday for a week. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog up a first hand report.

As Brandt continues to get the files together, I've been taking a crash course in finally learning how to use Abelton Live so i can actually help save some time and actually learn to use this fucker. Brandt's been a patient instructor, even stopping in here at MOGworld to answer my questions and check on my progress. So far so good. A conference call with Ash on Saturday also helped. In the meantime, my intention is to cut my teeth on Live with our instrumental, THEY'VE JUST. I know I'll fuck up a bit in the beginning, but the more I'm using this shit, the easier it's getting. I'm on a slightly older version of the software, and normally I would throw down the cash for the new software, but I just purchased my new Bass POD (Thanks Allie), and that's gonna be my focus upon my return from LA.

We've put together a Hypefactor space at Myspace.com. You can learn more about the band, check out some pix, and be the first to hear the demo of one of our new songs, the excellent OUR FAITH, as well as some older HF tracks. Check it out at http://myspace.com/hypefactor

The Chemlab remix album continues to take shape, while the aggression remix is stalled thanks to two deliquient remixes. Hopefully, these leisurely remixes will be amazing and worth it. I hope. Anyhow, as soon as those come in, the record goes out and we're hoping to include a bonus disc that will contain the long rumoured (and yes it exists) aggression rarities CD as a freebie when you purchase REVISONIST HISTORY. Details forthcoming.

In the world of the other MOGpackers: My lawyer/agent/advisor was the MOGworld houseguest and I get to return that favor by being her houseguest in LA this week. She is also referred to by my nephew as "Vik Taco" for reasons we cannot disclose. Meanwhile, the Kidd has become and uncle for the second time. And in the biggest surprise, my publicist's double life as a stand up comic has not only proven to be successful, but upon seeing her act for the first time last week, I am happy to report she is shockingly funny. Kudos to Ash on the new pad, as well as Matt (though surprisingly, in separate apartments).

F

No comments: