5.4.05

"He's been watching this for 25 years, and he still doesnt know what the hell he's talking about"

Yes, Dan Hamill said the above quote during last nights excellent Wrestlemania XXI. I find it hard to say "twenty one" as I remember going to the second one very vividly. Oh well, while despite having free tickets to the Staples Center, we decided (actually Dan Hamill did) to stay in NYC and watch it at the MOG Dojo in Queens. Matt Gentile can rest easy knowing his hero, Kurt Angle, is still the greatest wrestler of all time. For the record, the culinary genius displayed by the Kidd in the former Soviet Union some time back was no fluke. Our Kidd makes a helllllluva meal. Pork, potatoes, string beans and some killer ass fig saunce. insane. Those show skipped, lost. Big.

And in various news...

*Generation J begins as the Louches have a bouncing baby Chemboy in their home. This is the best news of the year so far (getting New Order tickets comes in close second). We are all quite happy and pleased and wish the Louches the very best.

*Louche baby is keeping is daddy occupied while yours truly continues to reel in the Chemlab remixes. They are super hot, and still super top secret. Not allowed to say yet who is on the record, but there are going to be many happy Machine Rock kids out there. If you're a remixer, you missed your fucking deadline, but you can thank the Louche baby for extending the deadline a bit.

*SIN CITY is nothing short of excellent brilliant filmmaking. It's a triumph for comic book fans everywhere and a movie that I've seen twice and loved more with each viewing. Mickey Rourke's 20 years of promise finally realized thanks to a comic book. Amazing. And my old pal Bruce Willis is the emotional anchor of the whole thing. Just an amazing film. See it.

*April 2nd came and with it came all the Episode 3 merchandise. I behaved. I only bought the books ($135 worth AFTER the discount) and have successfully avoided ruining what little of the film I haven't spoiled for myself already. I know way too much, I don't care. We're in the home stretch and yes, I'm the guy you will all be asking "wait what did that mean" after you have all seen it next month. You're welcome.

*I'm counting the days till all over the aggression remixes are in for the album. Two are left: Cyanotic and VTG. I name them simply to call them out to move their asses. However, they all seem to be reasonably nice people who will do an awesome job on the mixes, so I can't bust balls too much. However, I long for the day, coming soon, in which that aggression CD is in our grubby hands.

*But that hasn't stopped me from making my way on a semi regular basis to The Birdcage to watch Brandt put the mixing files together. First round is being Fed Ex'd tomorrow to the respective mixers. It's about to get good.

*My Saintface remix is in excellent shape, and now is going to go into the hands of Mr. Brandt shortly, but with the above item, he's got his work cut out for him at the moment.

More soon.

F

No comments: