3.5.05

"I HAVE MY ORDERS!!"


DON'T FUCK WITH ME!
Originally uploaded by Hypefactor.
My posts about television are few and far between, but my God, last night was the single greatest episode of 24. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but Kiefer took it to a whole new level last night and brought back the Jack Bauer that scared the fucking shit out of me during the first season. Props to Kim Raver for really holding her own with the Kiefer in a closing scene that had a more tension and emotion than entire runs of lesser shows. Fucking CSI could never pull this off...

The cast and crew of this show have really gotten their mojo back. Unlike last season, which seemed booked on the fly, this season is a tight machine that has kept me riveted to the screen each week. The alleged "reboot" of the show this season was a great swerve to keep the show fresh. As they've slowly brought back characters from the past back in, we've come to appreciate everyone's contributions to the previous seasons while giving new characters time to evolve. SMART.

If you have not seen this season, buy the DVD when it comes out. You'll do what I did during the first season and end up watching 5 episodes a day. Amazing, smart work that proves network television can compete with cable in terms of edge and intelligence and creative storytelling.

In other news, Thursday could possible be THE BEST DAY EVER as we are not only seeing New Order that night, but thanks to a certain publicist of greatness the sith hits the fan before my very eyes that afternoon. Truly a classic day ahead.

F

3 comments:

ashley said...

I could not agree more. 24 is absolutely fantastic! The character growth this season, especially of Tony, is brilliant. He's become the Han Solo of 24.

fuss said...

Don't forget Chloe. She's my fucking hero.

mjg. said...

Cuthbert's still not back, right?