12.2.06

Buried

Welcome to Hoth, formerly known as New York City. Today, we have no choice but to enjoy a Sunday indoors. Luckily, Irene and I repared for this blizzard (which is now approaching 2 feet of snow) and have supplies to last us quite awhile. Its another great excuse to catch up on missed TV episodes and movies (SHAUN OF THE DEAD, which is a fucking riot, was last nights choice). This photo, by the way, was taken at about 9am this morning and the shit has like doubled out there since (I'm just too lazy to go take another pic).

Before the elements made going outside somewhat annoying, My day was spent yesterday back in the studio after missing a few days this past week due to injury and wackness. Realizing there could be a Bliz-ard, Brandt actually agreed to starting early, so there I was down for the HF Experionce before 11 (a record) and away we went on our usual Satuday of edits, arrangements, bagels and beer. This week's song is CLEAN UP, the first track on the new album where you will hear the wonderful vocal stylings of Peter Saintface. This one is one of my favourites and while B did his techie shit, I laid out my idea for the video to him, which at first he didn't get, but then totally got as I kept rambling. Since none of you, except Anus McAnus, know the song, the them is basically "I AM here...REALLY" but you're NOT. Ponder.

However, the early start was a very good idea as it gave us sufficient time to get the song in order and this one took a bit longer than previous tunes, but brandt kicked it in the ass and I have spent my morning here listening to the rough demo quite a bit and loving it more than ever.The day was constantly threatened by the impending doom of harsh weather as the Brooklyn sky turned a serious GRAY for most of the morning and afternoon. Also, we couldn't venture far because we had to wait for the Fed Ex Man to bring Brandt his brand new road case for his amp, which is great considering we have no live dates planned at all. But again, planning ahead is always a smart idea




My back issues have slightly improved, but sadly not 100%. Once again, these backyard wrestling injuries will force back to the streets of Stewart Manor later this week and see the sports doctor who cracks me into shape every few years. Happily, this is actually a very fixable thing and not a back problem per se, so I should be up and running soon. Does this photo suggest I'm in pain? Cause I'm not, really. I'm just being deep there. Really. Or maybe I was just looking for Ash

No comments: