1.6.05

ROBIN'S BIG DATE

As any of you who know me are well aware of, Robin, is my all time favourite comic book character. There have been a lot of "fan made" short films based on the character (John Fiorella's enjoyable GRAYSON being one of them), but none of them, I promise you, are like ROBIN'S BIG DATE, which recently popped up on the Internet.

Unlike other short films (illegally) based on comic book characters, this one features real movie stars like Sam Rockwell (aka my future brother-in-law and the one movie star I know who has the same shoe size as me) as Batman and the hilarious Justin Long, he of DODGEBALL and of TV's Ed and an excellent young comedian in his own right as Robin.

The premise is simple and hilarious. Robin has a date and Batman brings on the bat cock block. I'm still crying from watching this. Obviously, I love Batman and Robin, but I love these actors and they have a field day with this. Some of Sammy's lines are beyond classic. This is a must see for any comic fan who loves a good spoof and if you're already a fan of these actors, like I am, you know how good this is! If they have want to remake the 60's Batman show, these are the guys to hire. In the meantime, I don't think Christian Bale has anything to worry about (cause hes just the best Batman EVER).

Anyway, check it out:

http://www.doubleviking.com/?p=6489

Enjoy!

F

1 comment:

mjg. said...

yeah...it's funny